BRIMLEY AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
2017-2018 NETWORK & INTERNET AGREEMENT FOR STUDENTS
This agreement is entered into between (printed student name)
Year of graduation
Hereinafter referred to as Student, and the Brimley Area Schools, hereinafter referred to as District. The purpose of this agreement is to provide Local Area Network, and Internet access, hereinafter referred to as Network, for educational purposes to the Student. As such, this access will (1) assist in the collaboration and exchange of information, (2) facilitate personal growth in the use of technology, and (3) enhance information gathering and communication skills.
The Intent of this contract is to ensure that Student will comply with all Network and Internet acceptable use policies approved by the District.
In exchange for the use of the Network resources either at school or home, I understand and agree to the following:
- The use of the Network is a privilege, which may be revoked by the District at any time and for any reason. Appropriate reasons for revoking privileges include, but are not limited to: the altering of system software, the placing of unauthorized information, computer viruses or harmful programs on or through the computer system in either public or private files or messages. The District reserves the right to remove files, limit or deny access, and refer the Student for other disciplinary actions.
- The District reserves all rights to any material stored in files which are generally accessible to others and will remove any material which the District, at its sole discretion, believe may be unlawful, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or otherwise objectionable. A Student will not use his/her District-approved computer account/access to obtain, view, download, or otherwise gain access to such materials.
- All information services and features contained on District or Network resources are intended for the private use of its registered users and any use of these resources for commercial-for-profit or other unauthorized purposed (i.e. advertisement, political lobbying), in any form, is expressly forbidden.
- The District Network resources are intended for the exclusive use by registered users. The Student is responsible for the use of his/her account, password and access privileges. Any problems, which arise from the use of a Student’s account, are the responsibility of the account holder. Use of an account by someone other than the registered account holder is forbidden and may be grounds for loss of access privileges.
- Any misuse of the account will result in suspension of the account privileges and/or other disciplinary action determined by the District. Misuse shall include, but not be limited to:
1) Intentionally seeking information on, obtaining copies of, or modifying files, other data, and passwords belonging to other users.
2) Misrepresenting other users on the Network.
3) Disrupting the operation of the Network through abuse of the hardware or software.
4) Malicious uses of the Network through hate mail, harassment, profanity, vulgar statements, or discriminatory remarks.
5) Interfering with others use of the network.
6) Use for non-curriculum-related communication i.e. instant messaging programs.
7) Illegal installation of copyrighted software.
8) Unauthorized downloading, copying or use of licensed or copyrighted software.
9) Allowing anyone to use the account other than the account holder. (With the exception of your parent or guardian under your direct supervision, in which case you are responsible for everything they do).
F. The use of district and/or Network resources is the purpose of (in order of priority):
1. Support of the academic program
3. General Information
The District does not warrant that the functionality of the system will meet any specific requirements the user may have, or that it will be error free or uninterrupted, nor shall it be liable for any direct or indirect, incidental, or consequential damages (including lost data, information, or time) sustained or incurred in connection with the use, operation, or inability to use the system.
- The student will diligently delete old mail messages on a daily basis from the personal mail directory to avoid excessive use of the electronic mail disk space.
- The District will periodically make determinations on whether specific uses of the Network are consistent with the acceptable use practice. The District reserves the right to log Internet access and to monitor incoming and outgoing electronic mail messages.
- The Student may transfer files from information services and electronic bulletin board services. For each file received through a file transfer, the Student agrees to check the file with a virus-detection program before opening the file for use. Should the Student transfer a file, shareware, or software which infects the Network with a virus and causes damage, the Student will be liable for any and all repair costs to make the Network once again fully operational any be by subject to other disciplinary measures as determined by the District.
- The Student will be liable to pay the costs or fees incurred with any file, which damages the Network, whether intentional or accidental.
- The District has access to all files including E-mail that is stored on district resources. The District reserves the right to log computer use and to monitor file servers space utilization by users. The District reserves the right to remove files or a user account on the Network or prevent further unauthorized activity.
- From time to time, students will create personal and District Web pages which may contain names and/or pictures or the Student on the Internet. Additionally, the District may provide student e-mail accounts.
Please initial each of the following activities, which you DO NOT want the student participating in:
E-mail Student homepages Pictures Name
In consideration for the privileges of using the District Network resources, and in consideration for having access to the information contained on the Network, or by the Network, I hereby release the District, Network and their operators and administration from any and all claims of any nature arising from my use, or inability to use the District and/or Network resources. To the extent that proprietary rights in a work product would vest in the student upon creation, I agree to assign those rights to the District.
We agree to abide by such rules and regulations of system usage as may be further added from time-to-time by the District. These rules will be available in hard copy form in the Principal’s office.
Parents and guardians are always welcomed to visit our facilities and view our computer facilities and students’ accomplishments.
Please sign and return during registration.
Student Signature Date
Parent Signature Date