BRIMLEY AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
2016-2017 NETWORK & INTERNET AGREEMENT FOR STUDENTS
This agreement is entered into between (printed student name)
Year of graduation
Hereinafter referred to as Student, and the Brimley Area Schools, hereinafter referred to as District. The purpose of this agreement is to provide Local Area Network, and Internet access, hereinafter referred to as Network, for educational purposes to the Student. As such, this access will (1) assist in the collaboration and exchange of information, (2) facilitate personal growth in the use of technology, and (3) enhance information gathering and communication skills.
The Intent of this contract is to ensure that Student will comply with all Network and Internet acceptable use policies approved by the District.
In exchange for the use of the Network resources either at school or home, I understand and agree to the following:
1) Intentionally seeking information on, obtaining copies of, or modifying files, other data, and passwords belonging to other users.
2) Misrepresenting other users on the Network.
3) Disrupting the operation of the Network through abuse of the hardware or software.
4) Malicious uses of the Network through hate mail, harassment, profanity, vulgar statements, or discriminatory remarks.
5) Interfering with others use of the network.
6) Use for non-curriculum-related communication i.e. instant messaging programs.
7) Illegal installation of copyrighted software.
8) Unauthorized downloading, copying or use of licensed or copyrighted software.
9) Allowing anyone to use the account other than the account holder. (With the exception of your parent or guardian under your direct supervision, in which case you are responsible for everything they do).
F. The use of district and/or Network resources is the purpose of (in order of priority):
1. Support of the academic program
3. General Information
The District does not warrant that the functionality of the system will meet any specific requirements the user may have, or that it will be error free or uninterrupted, nor shall it be liable for any direct or indirect, incidental, or consequential damages (including lost data, information, or time) sustained or incurred in connection with the use, operation, or inability to use the system.
Please initial each of the following activities, which you DO NOT want the student participating in:
E-mail Student homepages Pictures Name
In consideration for the privileges of using the District Network resources, and in consideration for having access to the information contained on the Network, or by the Network, I hereby release the District, Network and their operators and administration from any and all claims of any nature arising from my use, or inability to use the District and/or Network resources. To the extent that proprietary rights in a work product would vest in the student upon creation, I agree to assign those rights to the District.
We agree to abide by such rules and regulations of system usage as may be further added from time-to-time by the District. These rules will be available in hard copy form in the Principal’s office.
Parents and guardians are always welcomed to visit our facilities and view our computer facilities and students’ accomplishments.
Please sign and return during registration.
Student Signature Date
Parent Signature Date