What services we provide:
- Home medications needing to be given during school hours
- Chronic medical illness management at school such as Type 1 Diabetes
- Concussion screening, evaluation and return to play/classroom guidance
- Triaging of acute illnesses and injury
- Medication administration for acute needs during the school hours such as Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Tums
- Depression and Anxiety Evaluation
- Blood pressure monitoring
About your school Nurse:
Hello my name is Ashly Ellis and I have been a Registered Nurse since 2007, I worked in both an emergency department and ICU setting. In 2012 I graduated with my Master's Degree in Family Nurse Practitioner. I have worked as an NP in the Sault Sainte Marie area in multiple settings including Pulmonary/Critical care, Cardiology, Urogynecology, Hospitalist, Emergency Department, Urgent Care as well as Family Medicine. I have been employed by the Bay Mills Tribe since January 2022 to work here in the school setting!
Below you will find the needed consent for prescription medications. This is necessary even for medications that the students self carry such as epinephrine and rescue inhalers.
Diabetic Forms: If your child is a Type 1 Diabetic, they will need to have a diabetic action plan completed by their provider. If they self-manage, then they will need the self-manage consent form completed.